Inspirations List

   The following is a list of artists of many different mediums that I have drawn inspiration from throughout my life. I felt the need to create this list in the first place because I thought it might be interesting to reference and that it might reveal some of the subconscious ideas in my head behind why I do things the way that I do in my work. Although it is important to be original in what you do, it is also important to acknowledge that you are the product of what you see and what you admire. As artists continue to inspire me, I add them to the list. I have separated the artists by medium.


   Photographers

  • Nan Goldin
  • Steve Roe
  • Philip Lorca DiCorcia
  • Daniel Mercadante
  • Erin S. Murray
  • Gabriel Isak
  • Joshua Aronson
  • Tanner Abel
  • Platon
   Video Directors
  • Damien Chazelle
  • Stanley Kubrick
  • Titanic Sinclair
  • John Hughes
  • François Truffaut
  • Hayao Miyazaki
  • Spike Jonze
  • Alejandro Jodorowsky

   Traditional Artists
  • Egon Shield
  • Nikinikill
  • Jean-Michel Basquiat
   Multimedia Artists
  • Sasha Velour
  • Mitchell Davis
  • Andy Warhol
  • Glen Keane
  • Guillermo del Toro
  • Austyn Weiner
   Music
  • Radiohead
  • David Bowie
  • The Smiths (Morrissey)
  • Mars Argo
  • Joe Hiasashi
   Authors and Writers


  • Franz Kafka
  • Charlie Kaufman
  • F. Scott Fitzgerald
  • Kurt Vonnegut
  • Lewis Carroll

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Photograph as Contemporary Art: Chapter 8 Response

Final Project Progress

Abstract Response